Patient Check-in for Hospitals
Intouch's World Class Self Check-in Solution
Hospital patient Check-in uses interactive kiosks to check patients in for their pre-booked outpatient appointment. Ensuring an efficient, stress-free arrival at hospital for patients that have a pre-booked appointment.
Why it was Developed
Utilising self-service kiosks, patients check-in at the hospital using an intuitive, interactive touch-screen that reduces the need for reception staff to manually check-in patients for their appointment.
Increasing patient satisfaction and delivering quality improvements in a healthcare environment, Check-in reduces long check-in queues for patients, frees up hospital staff for other tasks and contributes to significant process improvements in the outpatient environment.
How it Works
Patients are encouraged to check-in using the interactive kiosks with easy-to-read, interactive questions displayed to identify their appointment and update them as ‘arrived’ on the hospital’s patient administration system.
The system is flexible, for example, allowing the patient to just scan the barcode contained in their appointment letter. The check-in process is also able to be used to confirm patient details and demographics. Multiple language options are available.
Once a patient has successfully checked-in, a customisable on-screen visual or message directs them to their wait location. Intouch currently achieves over 85% kiosk check-in rate across its NHS customer sites.
- A fully digital healthcare record solution that updates to PAS and Flow Manager in real time.
- Intuitive, easy to use self-service kiosks that deliver high patient usage.
- A reduction in check-in queues, leading to increased patient satisfaction and better use of hospital staff time.
- Function to update demographic details on screen, reducing requirement on reception staff.
- Kiosks can be used to display indoor location services (wayfinding).
- Check-in will also soon be available on the soon to be launched mobile appointment manager, supporting remote patient check-in allowing patients to check-in from outside the hospital building (supporting social distancing measures).
The Next Step
To find out more information contact your Health Sector solutions specialist by calling 0800 612 0935 or by completing the form below.